Rainy Day Options
Rainy weather or an unfortunate sunburn can result in a less than ideal beach day, but in Southern Delaware that’s never a problem. There are LOTS of entertaining ways to spend not-so-beachy days… Bad weather means good times here! Where to start? Well, first check out Southern Delaware Tourism’s calendar to see what events are scheduled for the day, then take a look at the suggestions below:
- Guided Tours – From science tours to history tours to winery and brewery tours, eco-tours, food tours, farm tours and more are available!
- Escape Rehoboth - Escape Rehoboth is a fun, interactive game taking place here at the “Nation’s Summer Capital.” While it looks like an ordinary room, it’s much more. Find hidden objects, figure out clues, and solve puzzles to earn your freedom! You have one hour to complete the room, so be quick! Come with your friends, family and coworkers to have a great time.
- Escape Reality - Experience a three-dimensional, computer generated environment which can be explored and interacted with by guests. YOU become part of any virtual world you choose... and are instantly immersed in all 360 degrees of your environment. Play a Game Solo Or With Friends or Choose an Experience!
- Let's Do Trivia - Weekly, Live-Hosted Game Shows including Let's Do Trivia! - Survey Sez... - Speed Bingo. All free-to-play weekly game shows which occur in the area's best restaurants and bars.
- Shell We Bounce Trampoline Park With free Wi-Fi (coming soon!), massage chairs, an Arcade, Shell We Eat? Café, and plenty of equipment for burning off energy, this is a great idea for a very active team building experience.
- Lefty's Alley & Eats - Southern Delaware's newest family entertainment center featuring bowling, laser tag, arcade & a unique dining experience.
- Out of the Sand - Offers three simulators for 40 different golf courses and uses cameras and sensors to get an accurate reading on guests’ swings and strokes. Open year round, visitors can play one hole, or an entire eighteen. If golf isn’t their thing, they can try football, soccer, tennis, field hockey, ice hockey, rugby, a putting course, baseball, or foot golf.
- Painting with a Twist - Give your team the opportunity to get creative and enjoy a paint night together - with sips!
- Shopping – There are lots of opportunities in Southern Delaware for unique shopping experiences and all of them are tax free! Enjoy outlet shopping, antiquing, browsing the unique boutiques lining our historic downtown main streets, or combing through some really great thrift stores.
- Arts & Entertainment – From many fantastic live theater performances found throughout Southern Delaware to concerts, film society screenings, live magic, performances by top national and regional acts, art shops, galleries and studios, art leagues, to first run movies and much more, there’s lots of artsy rainy day entertainment here.
- Museums - Learn about local shipwrecks, pirates and their booty, storms, and political intrigue, and much more. Local museums are housed in an eclectic list of venues including a train station, a caboose, a WWII bunker, a lighthouse, a town hall, a firehouse, an airport, a mansion, a lifesaving station, a lightship, a church, a barn, a post office, a renovated ice house, several historic homes, and a garden shed!
- Delaware State Parks Programs - Our state parks offer many programs for all ages and not all of them are outdoors! Make sure to check our calendar or the individual schedules for Delaware Seashore State Park, Cape Henlopen State Park, and Trap Pond State Park.