Source Local Specialties
Love having the leisure to shop for and prepare delicious meals for your friends and family, especially when you're on vacation?
Make those meals extra memorable and extra tasty by sourcing fresh, local ingredients, locally made artisanal foods, and specialty foods - and don't forget to visit our Breweries, Wineries, and Distilleries page too!
Here's the list. Dig in!
- Old World Breads: Lewes. Artisan breads and baked goods, soups, quiches, selection of cheeses and more.
- Backyard Jams & Jellies: Available in many local shops; see website. Homemade james, jellies, chutneys, mustards, preserves and more.
- Bella's Cookies: Milton. Natural, organic, and vegan baked goods.
- Herbs, Spice, Everything Nice: Selbyville. Certified organic produce and specialty herbs.
- Honey Bee Lake Apiary:30416 Honey Bee Lake, Frankford, DE 19945.(302) 732-9251. Honey & bee products.
- Surf Bagel: Lewes. Locally made NY style bagels and spreads.
- Lavender Fields at Warrington Manor: Lavender farm offering plants, bath, and culinary products.
- Hopkins Farm Creamery: Lewes. Largest dairy farm in Delaware; offers homemade ice creams
- The Ice Cream Store: Rehoboth Beach. Over 100 locally made ice cream flavors.
- Cape Seasonings: Available in many local shops. See website. All natural locally produced seasonings and snacks.
- Hopkins Henlopen Homestead: Local honey
- and, for your favorite furkid, Skipper's Biscuit Co. and Tail Bangers both offer locally made dog treats!
Local Coffee Roasters
- Gaia Coffee Company: Lewes. They collaborate with producers in Costa Rica to source exceptional coffees that are available at local farmers markets and online.
- The Point Coffee House & Bakery: Rehoboth Beach.
- Notting Hill Coffee Roastery: Lewes.
- Amity Coffee Roasters & Cafe: Greenwood.
- Indian River Expresso & Coffee Co: 580 W Dupont Blvd, Millsboro, DE 19966. (302) 236-9444
- Local Coffee Roasting Co: Frankfort.
Local Farm Vendors & Producers
- (Note: not all of these listings have a retail component but those that don't (and even some that do!) sell their products in local stores and/or local farmers markets.)
- Good Earth Market & Organic Farm: Ocean View. Eat, Shop, Stay, Party, Events.
- Grass Works Meat Farm: Seaford. Locally raised beef lamb, pork, and poultry.
- Colvine Bison Farm: Greenwood. Locally raised bison.
- Reid Angus: Frankford. Locally raised beef.
- Milton Sausage & Scrapple: Milton. (302) 684-4964. Locally produced pork products.
- Rapa Scrapple: Bridgeville. Sold in stores throughout the area and beyond. Locally made scrapple.
- Nuevo Mundo Alpaca Farm: Selbyville. Alpaca products sold online, on Sundays at Nassau Valley Farmers Market, and monthly at Rehoboth Beach Farmers Market.
- Magee Farms: Lewes. Jams, produce. Some pick your own.
- Evans Farms & Frozen Farmer: Bridgeville. Jams, produce, ice cream.
- Bennett Orchards: Frankford. Peaches, james, produce.
- T.S. Smith and Sons: Bridgeville. Apples, peaches, produce.
Specialty Shops & International Groceries
- Touch of Italy: Lewes/Rehoboth Beach. Authentic Italian foods including meats and cheeses.
- Jerusalem International Grocery: Kosher market featuring Middle Eastern specialties.
- Gigante International Market: Milford. International groceries
- El Charro Mexican Store: 6 College Park Ln #6, Georgetown, DE 19947 (302) 856-6617. Authentic Mexican products.
- Grub Grocery: Rehoboth Beach. Large selection of Asian products and sushi.
- Rosenfeld's Jewish Delicatessen: Only traditional Jewish deli in Delaware.